Become an Airline Pilot
Now is the time for you to consider becoming an airline pilot. Between 2016 and 2035, the global demand for airline pilots is expected to be over 600,000.
Demand for Airline Pilots – New Pilots by Region (2016-2035)
According to a study done by Boeing, regional markets that have relied heavily on recruiting pilots from outside their home locations are increasingly seeking to recruit, train, and develop locally sourced pilots. New market opportunities are creating an increased demand for qualified, skilled, and experienced pilots.
Over the next 20 years, the Asia Pacific region will lead the worldwide growth in demand for pilots, with a requirement for 248,000 new pilots.
- North America will require 112,000
- Europe 104,000
- Middle East 58,000
- Latin America 51,000
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) / Russia 22,000, and Africa 22,000.
SkyWest Inc. president and CEO Chip Childs warned Congress in March of a “growing pilot shortage” that could become pronounced over the next three years, leading to the grounding of large numbers of aircraft in US regional airlines’ fleets.
Childs and those warning of the ramifications of a pilot shortage say two realities are about to collide: Some 18,000 pilots are expected to retire at US mainline airlines in the next three years.
Pilot supply pipeline continues to struggle to produce qualified candidates because of the growing cost of becoming an airline pilot—exacerbated by the Congressionally mandated rule imposed by FAA in 2013 requiring 1,500 hr. of flight time before becoming a first officer at a US commercial airline. Most non-US airlines maintain the reduced requirement by allowing commercial pilots without ATP to become first officers.
How to become an Airline Pilot
The steps you need to take is:
- Get a Class 1 medical – This is a requirement to use your privileges of your Airline Transport Pilot Certificate.
- Enroll in our Airline Pilot Program – This is a 2 year course that involves the following steps:
- Complete 6 week private pilot certificate course
- Complete 4 week instrument course
- Complete 12 week commercial pilot course
- Complete 6 week CFI course
- Complete 2 week multi-engine commercial add-on course
- Now the Fun Part – You teach in our academy, get paid, and build your experience and choose from one of four regional airline pathways.
- Complete 1300 hours with guaranteed interview with one of four regional airlines and upon getting hired, they will pay for and train you for your ATP Certificate and you are on your way to living your dream career!
Advantage of Flight Training with Global Pilot Academy:
- Attractive Payment Options – Pay as You Go
- We provide personalized instruction experience in proven training airplanes
- Best value in flight training compared to ATP or any other flight school
- The only FAA Part 141 professional flight school at Tampa Executive Airport and in Tampa (KVDF)
- FAA testing center on-site for our students as well as others (PSI)