Global Pilot Academy is approved by SEVP (Student Exchange Visa Program) to provide I-20 for the purposes of flight training for the M-1 Category of Visas. As an International Student, you will be enrolled in our Commercial Pilot Program and that training will be conducted in Tampa, Florida.
See our student housing page for information on student housing.
The following requirements for International Students must be met before we can issue the I-20 for your student M1 Visa:
- You must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Completed and signed Application for International Students. Please note that all of the fields need to be completed.
- The following documents will need to be sent along with the application. These can be scanned and emailed to PDSO@gpapilot.com
- Scanned color copy of identification and expiration portion of passport
- Scanned copy of your signed application.
- Proof of financial responsibility. This needs to be an official bank document showing that you have funds available for flight training desired and living expenses. Living expenses are based at approx. $900.00 per month while you are in the USA. If the funds are deposited in a bank in another individuals name you will need to have that person sign an affidavit of financial support stating that they will be financially responsible for your living expenses and flight training while in the USA. A Declaration of Finances must also need to be completed and signed. We will then send you an acceptance letter via email. You will then be required to pay the Application fee of $350.
- Application fee of $350.00 – Payable by credit card, cashiers check or PayPal. Please call +1 813 600+4052 to pay by credit card.
- We will then mail the I-20 form so you can make an appointment to obtain your M-1 visa. Once you receive your I-20, you will need to log into SEVIS and pay your I-901 fee.
- The current cost for this is $200, please check the SEVIS website for up to date pricing. You will receive a receipt immediately after registration. Later you will receive your official receipt of payment in the mail. You must complete this step prior to scheduling your interview appointment with the American Embassy. Important – the information you enter on the Form I-901 must match exactly as is shown on the Form I-20. You may pay this fee by credit card online or you can print out the application and send it with a money order issued by an American bank. You must have this receipt when visiting the US Embassy to apply for your Visa (you will also need to show the receipt to us upon your arrival for flight training). Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at www.fmjfee.com.
- Next you must call the nearest U.S. Embassy for an appointment to receive approval of the M-1 Visa. The student will then go to the U.S. Embassy with the appropriate documents for a routine interview. Appropriate documents include: Form I-20; Passport; Financial Statements; Receipt for payment of Form I-901. The student will be notified as to whether they have been approved or disapproved. If all is in order, the U.S. Embassy will provide the student with a M-1 Student Visa, permitting the student to enter the U.S. The length of time for this process varies from country to country. It may be a good idea to practice your interview with a friend or family member and to research the aviation field in your home country.
- Fill out application for a background check with TSA online. The application-processing fee for each course is currently $130, please check the TSA website for current pricing. The name on the credit card used must match the name on the application. If there is no fingerprinting agency located in your home country, you will need to have the fingerprint portion completed after entering the United States. You can verify if there is an agency in your home country by going to the link below and completing the form, after which, an email will be sent to you requesting fingerprints and you will be given access to a website that will show you all fingerprinting agencies. The TSA fee does not have to be paid until after you have received approval for your M-1 which will be stamped on your passport. Visa. www.flightschoolcandidates.govFingerprinting will be done at our school digitally. Please allow 5-7 business days for TSA fingerprint processing. Please note that you will not be able to begin your flight training program until your TSA fingerprints have been processed and we receive final approval from the TSA for your flight training.
- It is recommended that all International Students purchase a “Medical/Accident” Insurance Policy prior to arriving in the U.S., for the length of time they are in flight training. We can provide you with names of companies that offer these types of insurance.
Things to do in Tampa
Tampa is a multi-cultural city. With two universities (University of South Florida and University of Tampa) and many colleges such has Hillsborough Community College, Saint Leo University and other fine educational institutions, Tampa attracts a lot of foreign students. Tampa is also home to a professional hockey team, a professional baseball team and a football team. In addition, there are various cricket leagues and international sporting events.
Tampa Bay Area is also the host to some of the best beaches in the United States. Clearwater Beach, Siesta Keys and other beaches are part of the Tampa Bay Area. There are many other nature-based attractions that allow our international guest to enjoy their time in Tampa while at their flight training program.
Tampa Bay also is a host to several cultural events. Recently the Indian International Film Festival hosted its award ceremony and was attended by Bollywood’s best of the actors. It also hosts the annual Gasparilla parade and is also currently hosting
Tampa is also the home of Busch Gardens and other similar attractions. Tampa is also only an hour away from Disney theme parks.
Bottom Line – While you train in Tampa, you will also enjoy a good time.