top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get started?

We recommend starting with a discovery flight. A discovery flight is a short flight with a certified flight instructor that will demonstrate what a typical flight lesson will consist of. It’s a great introduction to small aircrafts, flight instruction, and flight training in general. After your discovery flight, the next step is to get a FAA medical certificate. To find out more, click here for more information.

What is the difference between Part 61 and Part 141?

Global Pilot Academy offers Part 61 and Part 141 training.  We let you decide the training structure that works best for you.
Consider Part 61 if you are looking for a flexible training program that is tailored to your availability and individual needs.

Consider Part 141 if you are seeking a fast-paced learning environment. Part 141 is slightly more structured, and you’ll have checks throughout your training.

How can I get a Medical Certificate in the Tampa Bay Area?

To make an appointment with an authorized Medical Examiner, you'll first have to create an account on the MedXpress website and follow the instructions. You can find a list of the authorized FAA Medical Examiners here.

How can I pay for my lessons?

Here at GPA, we offer flexible payment plans whether it’s pay-as-you-go or customizable installments. Some students also utilize scholarships or financial loans from third parties to fund their flight training. Visit our financing page for more information. 

What is your cancellation policy?

We require at least a 24-hour notice for any cancellations. There is a nonrefundable $75 charge to your account for a no-call/no show. To cancel an appointment or flight lesson you much call the front desk at +1-813-600-4052.

How can I schedule an FAA Knowledge Test?

To schedule an FAA knowledge exam, you will go to the FAA website, and schedule your exam. When checking in for your exam, it is required to have your endorsement (if eligible), and government-issued identification. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your exam to allow for check-in time.

Do you accept GI bill?

Not at the moment, but we are in the process of being approved. Call us to check in on the latest update.

Do you have international programs?

Global Pilot Academy welcomes International Students from all over the world. We are authorized by the U.S. government to issue an I-20 so our international students can apply for their M-1 Visa.

bottom of page